There are various university rankings available for the year 2018, but here are the rankings of the top 5 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2018
- University of Oxford
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- University of Tokyo
Please note that rankings can vary depending on the methodology used by each organization.
- University of Oxford: Also located in Oxford, England, the University of Oxford is a public research university that is the oldest university in the English-speaking world. It is particularly renowned for its strengths in the humanities, but also has strong programs in the social sciences, sciences, and business.
- University of Chicago: Located in Chicago, Illinois, the University of Chicago is a private research university that is known for its strengths in economics, political science, and philosophy. It is home to the Booth School of Business, which is one of the top business schools in the world.
- University of Pennsylvania: Situated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the University of Pennsylvania is a private Ivy League research university that is known for its strengths in business, law, medicine, and education. It is home to the Wharton School of Business, which is consistently ranked among the top business schools in the world.
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology: Located in Zurich, Switzerland, ETH Zurich is a public research university that is renowned for its strengths in engineering, technology, and natural sciences. It is home to a number of Nobel laureates and has played a key role in advancing scientific knowledge in fields such as robotics, nanotechnology, and renewable energy.
- University of Tokyo: Located in Tokyo, Japan, the University of Tokyo is a public research university that is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Japan. It is particularly renowned for its strengths in engineering and technology but also has strong programs in the social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences.